Choosing the Perfect Workwear: A Guide for Small Businesses
Published: Fri 05 Jan 2024
Small businesses face unique challenges, and one often overlooked aspect is selecting the right workwear for their teams. In this guide, we'll break down the essentials, addressing common pain points to help small businesses navigate the world of workwear and uniforms.
Understand Your Team's Needs:
In the dynamic environment of a small business, understanding the unique needs of each team member is crucial. Here are key points to consider:
• Identify specific job roles and corresponding workwear requirements -
For instance, employees who spend more time outdoors may require weather-resistant clothing, while those in client-facing roles might prioritise a polished and professional appearance.
• Ensure compliance with safety standards and industry regulations -
Staying ahead of safety standards not only safeguards your employees but also protects your business from potential liabilities. By adhering to industry regulations, you demonstrate a commitment to the well-being of your team and create a secure working environment.
Budget Friendly Options:
Small businesses often operate with tighter budgets. Here's how to find cost-effective solutions without compromising quality:
• Explore bundled options for maximum value -
Many suppliers online often offer uniforms in bundles for many different types. These are usually discounted which can offer a perfect opportunity to save some money when shopping. Suppliers such as Penguin Uniform, Black Shack offer great examples of bundles for cheap prices.
In a fast-paced small business setting, durability is non-negotiable. Consider these factors:
• Choose workwear made from robust materials that withstand daily wear.
• Check product reviews for insights into the longevity of different options.
Comfort for Productivity:
As many studies have shown, employee comfort directly impacts productivity and job satisfaction. Don’t compromise comfort when choosing your team’s workwear.
Here are key points to take into consideration:
• Look for workwear that offers breathability and flexibility -
Employees love to work in clothes that do not restrict them, especially wearing them for up to 8-10 hours everyday.
• Choose material that offer genuine comfort for your team -
It is possible to wear semi-casual comfortable clothes while still remaining professional. Many companies have moved to wearing branded hoodies and fleeces with black jeans. This allows casual dress while looking presentable.
Branding is vital for any business regardless of size. There are many advantages for branding workwear which we have outlined previously Here.
• Choose customisable options that allow for logo placement. At Cromwell Safety, we offer Logo placement for most of our products, have a look at Our Catalog and use our new Logo Tool to customise your workwear.
• Personalised uniforms contribute to a sense of unity among your team and can allow free brand awareness for businesses that meet customers in person.
Building strong relationships with workwear suppliers is the best tip for small businesses. Work with one reliable supplier and as your business grows, your connection will grow stronger and will benefit you in the long term.
Here’s how to build a strong relationship with suppliers:
• Enquire about bulk discounts and loyalty programs to reduce costs
• Negotiate better level of ongoing support and ensure timely deliveries
• Register a business account with suppliers, this can allow cheaper customising costs and cheaper deliveries.
Your Perfect Work Uniform
Choosing the best workwear for your small business is no longer a difficult decision. By knowing what your team needs, finding affordable options, picking durable and comfortable clothes, exploring branding, and building good relationships with suppliers, you make choices that help your team and business succeed. Good workwear is an investment that makes your employees happy, more productive, and boosts your brand image.
If you need help choosing your team’s work uniform, Get In Touch with our team of experts with over 20 years of experience. With our help we can assure you, we can provide the best value for price and help you create the most professional looking team!
Published: Mon 29 Jan 2024
Printing vs Embroidery - Which is Right for You?
Published: Thu 28 Dec 2023
Why Choose Eco-Friendly Workwear?
Published: Sun 24 Dec 2023
Choosing The Right Hi Vis Clothing For Your Team
Published: Tue 19 Dec 2023
How to Leverage Personalised Work Uniform to Boost Your Brand
Published: Mon 27 Nov 2023
A Heartfelt Thank You to Our Valued Customers!
Published: Fri 29 Sep 2023
Women's PPE and Workwear
Published: Wed 13 Oct 2021
How does EN ISO 20471 differ from EN 471?
Published: Wed 13 Oct 2021
PPE Fit For Purpose!